Friday 4 October 2013

In which there is frustration


Why can't I just WRITE?!

Why do I spend so much time worrying about writing? Every thousand words seems to require an almost endless wrestle with my muse, like I have to repeatedly punch her in the face just to get the tiniest bit of information out of her. Uh... that's my 24 rewatch overdose showing. Sorry 'bout that.

I've now broken the 40,000 word barrier on my magnum opus, and I know exactly how it ends. The ending is going to break hearts and have my reader(s) cursing my name at the horror I've unleashed on my unsuspecting characters. When I last saw them, they were having a friendly chat about Post-It notes and cocktails, and I'm about to ruin their lives. There is a cackling sociopathic side to my personality that finds this amusing, but then I worry that I could go too dark.

Anyway, I should be writing. I won't always talk about writing here. I'll generally rant about whatever I feel like. But mostly writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment